The sudden appearance of the dreaded disease coronaVirus has threatened the whole world and has created economic situations around the world. And with death tolls in tens of thousands, the fear of CoronaVirus is spiking collapse of some economies.
The unimaginable scenarios are beginning to emerge. Apart from those contacting the dreaded virus, the whole of the over 7 billion population of this world has been put under strict lockdown. There’s no telling the dangers of the resultant effect of the strict controls of movement, closure of businesses, restrictions from gatherings that are more than 10 people, as it’s in the USA, and the inability to visit the mall, restaurants, airports, churches and hotels.
Even those in their homes are not safe from the spread of the virus. In some countries already, there are some who are quarantined in their homes without proper medical attention for the infected. While they are made to share same environment with members of their own families who are not yet infected.
Despite the scare of CoronaVirus, more people (about 80 percent of those infected) have recovered from the virus (without special treatment) than the reported death toll. That should give you an idea that the disease is not truly as dreadful as its being portrayed. It can be easily controlled and eradicated.
While the whole world is greatly troubled, confused and overwhelmed by the CoronaVirus, you should be well prepared against it. And in this article, I have given you important information that you need to equip yourself about this virus and to protect yourself, family and others.
To understand CoronaVirus is to examine mostly its symptoms. The best definition of CoronaVirus is defined in its multiple viruses combination that causes severe respiratory infections. It’s these combination of infections that makes CoronaVirus deadly to humans.
Normally, some of the symptoms of the virus are usually isolated infections, which makes them easier to manage on their own. But with the combinations of respiratory diseases infecting a person at the same time makes it very difficult both to control and cure with one particular prescription drug.
Facts About CoronaVirus
You should be well equipped about the facts on CoronaVirus. What you know about the virus can help you in preventing both the spread and the infection of yourself, family, friends and others. Here are the facts you need to know about CoronaVirus:
- CoronaVirus is an infectious disease
- It’s new and not been previously identified in humans
- It causes respiratory illness
- You can protect yourself by washing your hands
- And by avoiding to touch surfaces that’s likely to inhabit the virus
- You should close your mouth with tissue when you sneeze and dispose off properly
- The virus if exposed is easily killed by heat and alcohol
- It can travel up to 1 meter distance from an infected person through sneezing
- It can only survive few hours to some days on a surface exposure
- Avoid self check test if you lack proper medical experience
- Black skins are not immune from the virus
As more facts are discovered, I will update this list here to include new changes.
How CoronaVirus Spreads
The fear that CoronaVirus spreads through the air or can be contacted when someone breath air polluted by someone with the virus is false. The virus is not an airborne disease and cannot be transmitted through air. You can be in the same place with someone with the virus and not be infected.
The main way the virus spreads is through respiratory droplets that’s expelled from someone who already has the infection, wether by coughing or in contact with anything touched or used by such an infected person that contains droplets of the virus.
It’s therefore possible to contact the virus from someone who’s yet to show signs of the virus but has mild cough but yet to be ill from the effect of the virus. However, the period it takes for an infected person to develop symptoms is not yet known.
What Are The Known Symptoms
If anyone is infected, how do you even begin to know. If you take a look at the symptoms listed below, it may give the wrong impression, given that these symptoms are already known diseases in human. But caution must always be the reason. When someone exhibits these symptoms they should report to the appropriate medical authorities in charge of CoronaVirus control.
Also, some symptoms may not necessarily be a result of CoronaVirus infection. But it’s proper to take precaution to protect the person infected, those around the, and those they may infect with the virus if nothing was done quickly.
However, people with such existing medical problems like high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes, cancer, are more likely to develop serious illness if infected by CoronaVirus. So, people with fever, cough and difficulty breathing should immediately seek proper medical attention.
People with CoronaVirus infection may experience the following symptoms:
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing (severe cases)
Is There A Cure Yet?
Currently there are no known cure for the virus. There’s no particular medication so far that has been identified to cure CoronaVirus. Avoid myths that are circulating on social media to misinformation the public on the claim of cure for the virus. As of now, all local medications have not been proven as cure for the virus. However, some drugs are undergoing tests, and until that is proven, there’s no cure yet for the virus.
If there’s a cure for the virus, it will be made known through the appropriate channels like The World Health Organization (WHO) and in most major news media for your information. So, you should avoid news that are being disseminated from online sources that are not mainstream media. If anything is bizarre or too good to be true, or have unsubstantiated claims, treat them as irrelevant.
The only known way you can stay safe from CoronaVirus is by ensuring your own preservation. Learn tips on how to stay safe and what you need to do to prevent yourself from contacting the virus.
Preventing Spread Of CoronaVirus
There are several setbacks on the prevention of CoronaVirus spread. The virus is mainly spread by those infected through droplets from sneezing or coughing. These droplets when they come in contact with people can transfer the virus to them.
And this droplets can remain on surfaces for a period of time, like a few hours or up to several days, depending largely on different conditions like type of surface, the prevailing temperature or humidity of the present environment.
However, the most effective ways to protect yourself and other people from CoronaVirus is by doing the following:
- Frequently washing your hands
- Covering your mouth when you cough by bending your elbow or using tissue
- Also you need to maintain a distance of at least 3 feet from people who are coughing or sneezing
These are the tips giving by WHO on how to prevent the spread and infection of the CoronaVirus.
- If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.
- Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
- Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.
Popular Disinfectant Product
Another important step in preventing the CoronaVirus spread and infection is by using disinfectants. And since our hands have been fingered as the most likely contact with the virus, it’s important to constantly wash and disinfect your hands and surfaces that you may likely be touching.
CoronoX®: is an alcohol based home used eco-friendly disinfectant. It can be used to protect your homes, offices and environment against all viruses, bacteria and fungi that causes diseases. Use it to daily disinfect commonly touched surfaces in household common areas such as tables, hard-backed chairs, doorknobs, light switches, remotes, handles, desks, toilets, sinks, railings, etcetera.
Features of CoronoX® Disinfectant
- It’s surface spray disinfectant (alcohol based)
- It’s eco-Friendly
- CoronoX® kills 99.9% germs and micro organisms on contact
- It sanitizes all surfaces, desks, door handles and knobs, railings, office desks, electronics, floor areas, toilets, furniture, upholstery, staircases etc.
- It’s suitable for kitchens and food production facilities (food grade).
- CoronoX® is no corrosion, no pollution, no irritation but highly effective.
- It’s content is: 500ml
How to Use CoronoX
- Step1: Wear gloves and ensure you have good ventilation during use of the product
- Step2: Spray product generously on surfaces and use a microfibre cloth to spread and wipe, and allow surface to dry naturally.
- Step3: Wear disposable gloves when cleaning and disinfecting surfaces. Gloves should be discarded after each cleaning. If reusable gloves are used, those gloves should be dedicated for cleaning and disinfection of surfaces only and should not be used for other purposes.
Clean hands immediately after gloves are removed. If surfaces are dirty, they should be cleaned using a detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection with SpraySurf®
Also, this product is highly flammable, should be stored in cool and safe place. It should be kept away from open flame and from children. You should also not use if allergic to alcohol. It cannot be consumed or used for any other purpose except for disinfections.
The first step in dealing with the spread of CoronaVirus is to avoid being in panic mood. This virus is not as deadly as it’s been portrayed. There’s hope of a cure. And it’s not an airborne disease. So you shouldn’t be afraid of contacting the disease excerpt you are exposed to the droplets of a carrier.
More so, you can start by disinfecting your environment, especially surfaces. If you are outside Nigeria, where the virus has spread more, ensure you are constantly updated about the spread in your city. And adhere strictly to appropriate bodies who are vested with the responsibility of disseminating information about the safety of the people during this time.
Finally, the spread has already being curtailed. The death toll is lower than we first anticipated. The recovering of many who were formerly infected has also rekindled hope of possibility of averting this pandemic. And note that the prayers of the saints are with those that have been affected either by the disease or the lockdown in many countries.
MORE RELATED POSTS: